Dell Technologies enhances software across its storage portfolio, driving greater intelligence, automation, cyber-resilience and multi-cloud flexibility.
“Companies around the world look to Dell to help them scale faster while turning their data into a competitive advantage,” said Jeff Clarke, vice president and co-chief operating officer, Dell Technologies. “We offer major software innovations in our portfolio to help customers get the most out of their data and resources.”
“With remote work and other dynamic changes in the business landscape, there is an urgent need to upgrade critical infrastructure critical to organizational success. Indian companies need to focus on infrastructure upgrades to keep up in the competitive landscape. Storage software innovation from Dell Technologies with more than 500 software advancements in the Dell storage portfolio is a significant breakthrough. With the Dell PowerMax storage solution, brands will be able to build cyber resilience while automating their storage processes. Additionally, Dell PowerFlex, a game-changing solution, will enable Indian enterprises to simplify workload consolidation and add support across leading orchestration platforms. said Sandeep Dutta, Director of Storage Platform Solutions Sales, Dell Technologies India. “The ability to benefit from such advanced and expansive storage solutions for better cyber resilience and optimized business processes across all environments will encourage forward-thinking business leaders to adopt an effective digital strategy. We are committed to supporting our partners on their digital transformation journey, and our new storage software innovations will further strengthen this effort. he added
Introducing Dell Storage Software Innovations
More than 500 software advancements across Dell PowerStore, PowerMax and PowerFlex deliver faster data insights, better multi-cloud data control and increased cyber resiliency at no cost to existing customers. These advancements are the latest examples of Dell storage software innovation following the introduction of Project Alpine, which will bring the enterprise capacity, performance and protection of Dell storage software to public clouds.
“IQVIA uses the power of data science to help customers accelerate clinical development and healthcare outcomes,” said Ken Boyer, director of global storage at IQVIA. “Achieving transformative results requires an equally innovation-driven infrastructure partner. Dell Technologies storage delivers the automation, security, performance and scale we need as we reinvent life sciences.
Dell Power Store, the fastest new architecture in company history, will provide up to 50%2 Improved mixed-workload performance by up to 66%3 greater capacity. Customers can better plan their business continuity strategies with software-only, high-availability metro replication configured in just five clicks. Additional software advancements allow organizations to:
- Better support and secure file workloads with file-level retention, native file replication, and support for third-party file monitoring and ransomware protection.
- Take advantage of deeper VMware integrations, including improved vVols latency and performance, and simplified disaster recovery with VMware vSphere® Virtual volumes™ (vVols), VM-level snapshots, and quick clones.
- Optimize the performance of new hardware with end-to-end NVMe support and increased networking speeds.
Dell Power Max, the most secure strategic storage in the world,4 will introduce advances in cyber resilience, including cyber vaults for traditional and mainframe deployments. CloudIQ’s ransomware features help detect cyberattacks at an early stage to minimize exposure and speed recovery. PowerMax now offers up to 65 million secure snapshots to improve cyber recovery and increase efficiency with a new 4:1 data reduction guarantee.5 Additional software updates help organizations to:
- Increase productivity with automated storage operations such as multi-array smart provisioning, workload optimization, health monitoring and remediation.
- Quickly move data to public clouds with faster cloud snapshot shipping and retrieval, built-in high availability to minimize downtime, and easy recovery of cloud-based object storage data.
- Experience Doubled Performance6 with up to 50% better response times7 in demanding application and mainframe environments on two new NVMe-based PowerMax models. Anytime Upgrade customers are eligible for non-disruptive upgrades.
Dell PowerFlex Software-defined infrastructure will consolidate traditional and modern workloads with new file services that enable unified block and file capabilities on a single platform. PowerFlex simplifies multi-cloud and DevOps with the widest file and block8 support for all major Kubernetes and container orchestration platforms from Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Red Hat, SUSE, and VMware. Additional updates allow customers to:
- Achieve further TCO savings by consolidating traditional and containerized workloads using unified file and block storage services across bare metal and virtualized deployments.
- Simplify PowerFlex deployment with NVMe-over-TCP connectivity with consistent standards-based storage networking.
- Streamline operations with new unified compute, storage, and system lifecycle management capabilities in PowerFlex Manager software.
“Enterprises are increasingly looking for computing infrastructure that provides a cloud-like experience wherever their data resides,” said Eric Burgener, research vice president, Infrastructure Systems, Platforms and Technologies Group, IDC. “Dell has engineered these sweeping software and hardware enhancements into its comprehensive multi-cloud infrastructure portfolio to deliver this experience with greater automation, security, and control.”
“Our customers choose Dell Technologies storage because it’s reliable and delivers meaningful innovation that helps organizations keep pace with the changing business and computing landscape,” said Mike Heintzelman, vice president, Advanced Solutions, TD Synnex. “The significant software innovations introduced to the Dell storage portfolio will help organizations simplify IT operations, innovate securely and get more value from their data.
- Dell PowerStore, PowerMax and PowerFlex Advancements Expect Global Availability in Q3 2022